The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
The Office of Christian Formation serves the parishes of the Diocese of St. Augustine by supporting the implementation of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). In particular, the Office of Christian Formation:
- provides consultation to pastors and RCIA Coordinators through phone calls, e-mail and parish visits
- coordinates the Rites of Election
- coordinates the Neophyte Mass
- offers Welcoming All Who Come to Our Doors, a five session training program for those involved in working in a parish RCIA Program. Other trainings are provided as needed or requested.
RCIA is for:
- Unbaptized persons at the age of reason (aged 7 and older). These persons are called catechumens.
- Those baptized in another Christian tradition who have reached the age of reason (aged 7 and older) instructed or not instructed in another faith tradition other than Catholic who are seeking full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. These persons are called candidates.
- Baptized by uninstructed Catholic adults who were baptized as infants in the Catholic Church, but who never received any instruction or formation in the Catholic Church. These adults will be prepared to celebrate the sacraments of reconciliation, confirmation and Eucharist.
- Baptismal Validity
- Interview Form
- Interview Form (Spanish)
- RCIA Policy
- RCIA Resources – Bibliography
- Sample registration for children/teens
- RCIA Brochure
- RCIA Spanish Brochure
- Timeline for Academic Year
- Pastor Faculty to Confirm