Adult Faith Formation – Life Long Catechesis
The Diocesan Office for Christian Formation promotes and oversees adult faith formation in parishes of the Diocese of St. Augustine. The primacy of adult faith formation in the life of the Church is inseparable from the concept of lifelong formation or womb-to-tomb formation.
The Scriptural Model for Adult Faith Formation can be found in:
- Luke 24:13-15: The Road to Emmaus
- Human Experience: Two people on the road to Emmaus tell their faith story
- Message: Jesus helps them understand the events
- Discovery: Eating the bread helped them understand the meaning of their experience
- Response: Their hearts were on fire, they spread the message to others
Adult Faith Formation Programs sponsored through the office:
Ministry Formation Program
The Diocese of St. Augustine sponsors a lay ecclesial ministry program for parish and diocesan agency leaders. This three year program is accredited by the USCCB/CCA . The program combines academic study with servant leadership skills and practical knowledge. See the Ministry Formation pages of this website for more information.
Summer School of Theology
Annually held in June, this Adult Faith Formation Program is a weeklong immersion into a particular doctrinal topic. The week is meant for busy adults who are not able to commit, for whatever reason, to a longer program, but still desire to continue forming themselves in the faith.
- About Adult Faith Formation
- Media Resources To Use Within Adult Faith Formation
- Resources To Use Within Adult Faith Formation
- Practical Things to Begin Doing Right Away